Louise Page Academy

Friday 30 December 2011

HD Brows... Browlicious or Bullshit?

Ok, so I've given in to my 'intrigue' of the HD Brow. I've researched, enquired, googled and genuinally been quite taken with the "7 step technique" that's apparently revolutionised eye brow groomage. Being a natural blonde, I haven't got dark eyebrows, I've never quite found the answer to eyebrow definition in all the years of dying ones hair. I digress. I found a little local salon that offers the HD Brows so perfect for me to trot to and see Gemma the HD Brow consultant who gives me a run down of what's to come.

First up its the HD Brow tint, its specially designed to have longevity of tint, which supersedes the usual tinting formula most salons and therapists use. So far so good, a few minutes later and we're onto the next stage.


Second step - to wax the brow shape into place. Few applications of wax later, shape defined! Waxing isn't my fav I'll be honest although I can't escape it... its an essential part of the brow definition.


Third step - to thread the hair on the forehead and eye area - OUCH! Waxing is a pussy cat compared to this!!! But I have to say, very effective. Despite my whinging and squirming, I'm liking the fuzz free forehead effect.


Fourth step is the tweezing stage.... Fifth step is trimming (if you need it) sixth step is filling in its HD brow makeup/powder. I have absolutely no idea what the seventh step is...???


Picture taken straight after HD brows procedure. Looks a bit scary but good definition.

When I first had it done they were really dark, as you might expect. Day 5 and I still have dark eyebrows although have become bit patchy so you defo have to fill in them in... it kinda defeats the purpose of forking out £30 to get them done. I have to give some credit that there's a space in the market for new eye brow tints. In all honesty, I absolutely cannot justify spending £1k to learn how to achieve a look on myself and my clients that I already can.


Picture taken on day 5

IF you have money to spend on marketing and PR I wish you well. For all those talented therapists you don't need to fork out money to learn things you already know and to all those corporate beauty brand monsters, all you have to do is bring to the market a fabulous tint that has lasting power - there's a gap and someone could fill it quite easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment