Louise Page Academy

Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year, New SKIN? New HAIR?

Oh dear, xmas has been and gone, NYE seems an age ago, it's that time of the year that my skin goes 'la la' my hair becomes frizzy, wayward and defiant from binge drinking, eating and partying. Aside from detox, I'm thinking there is no time like the present to change the 'now' products and search for controlling, buffing, radiating and anti ageing potions and creams.  I'm on the prowl.

Let's start with underwear.... the skin. Mine is greasy, shiny and with flaky dry bits. It's sensitive, easily annoyed BUT I like the fact that in itself, oily equals wrinkle free skin (I'm gloating right now!) the drawback is the fact that it's hard to keep anything on my face in pristine fashion.  Amongst my sifting in TK Maxx, I come across Olive Essence Spa moisturiser, I've done the initial investigation and I'm giving it a go, £5.99 later and I'm hopeful that it will be kind to my skin.  It is, I'm not disappointed either. You dont need much, it soaks easily and doesn't smell strong. I think I'm on to a winner, only time will tell.

As a TK Maxx junkie, I later found a face masque made by the very same Olive Essence Spa people.  Ok, well rub it on until it goes dry and trust me, it goes dry and you pick it off... the effect is pretty much like sugaring so any hair on your face it can be kinda painful. I need a few more tests on this before I am completely sold but skin felt great. Can't grumble, it was a few quid so everything to gain by trial and error.


Next up, the hair. I am sick and tired to having greasy roots and dry ends, despite dry shampoo being my absolute reliable friend, it makes my scalp itchy and we all hate a bit of white snow falling on our shoulders... tres embarrassing.  I didn't hold out much hope at Ikea when I spotted their range of hair care and beauty products. Come on now, we are talking Ikea with average prices of £1.69 per HUGE bottle of product. I'm a bit of a all-or-nothing creature so guess what. Yep, your right I got one of every single product in their range spending a whopping total of a tenner for my goods.

I am SHOCKED, SURPRISED and STUNNED.  I have converted my friends, family and now hopefully you too. As I stated before, I am sensitive skin so always wary of using something new and cheap but it works. There is nothing offensive about the shower gel, the exfoliator isn't bad, and the body moisturiser is GREAT.   The shampoo and conditioner 2 in 1 is the absolute show stopper for me. Not one itch, flake - I have nothing but clean hair, ok its not super shiny but that's what we have shine products for. The bottles are HUGE and I am on week 3 - all bottles aren't even half used.   Packaging is simple, as you'd expect from Ikea.

If you dont believe me, try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment